Seems like all my relationships have been second-hand. Carol was divorced. Zdenka slept with anything that moved, as did Valerie. Even Pam was divorced.
Liz wasn't married, but had played around with her boyfriends.
Me? I'm some sort of pariah. I make the next poor dumb bastard that comes along looks like a real find. Liz wound married to an alcoholic, though she swore she wasn't going to, But she loves him. He treated me like dirt, like to wave it my face that HE won her affections , but she never saw it. Yeah, in front of her he was well behaved, but I was always a rival or a vanquished enemy to Jerry.
Melinda was divorced, as well. She only kept me around to scratch her itch, then dropped me like a hot rock when she suddenly got the hots for Liam.
Sometimes I feel like I'm just here to be used and thrown away. I guess I care too much. Maybe I should quit caring about others.
No one seems to care about me. Hardly anyone checks on me during this virus crisis. I guess that shows who my "true friends" are.
No comments:
Post a Comment